Fountaingrove Round Barn
The Fountaingrove area was first settled by Thomas Lake Harris. Harris purchased 1400 acres of land for a mere $21,000 and established his commune in 1875. A number of buildings were erected including a winery which produced 70,000 gallons of wine, about 90 percent of the wine in Sonoma County at the time. The Round Barn was built in 1899 and is the landmark for the Fountaingrove Ranch. It was built by John Clark Lindsay, a contractor from Napa who settled in the area in 1898. Lindsay was hired to build the barn by Kanaya Nagasawa who came to Sonoma County with Harris. The Round Barn is actually a 16 sided building approximately 70 feet in diameter and almost 60 feet high that originally housed the horses used in the vineyards.
Hotel Internet Marketing